The first recorded burial in the cemetery was that of that of 1 year old George Edwards from Deep Creek who died on March 29 in 1872
His grave is located in:
There are several sections of the cemetery devoted to Monumental graves, with larger headstones. The older section is the first established at the cemetery, inside the front gate and to the left in on north/west side from the front fence, to the top of the hill and extending across to the right. There is also the newer monumental section, just inside the front gate, past the information board.
The majority of burials these days are in the Lawn section, or cremated ashes are interred in the niche wall. Ashes can be interred in the Niche Wall, located to the left inside the gate, near the early monumental section. They can also be interred in existing graves, and the trust are looking at further options for the interment of ashes in the near future.
An Information Board is situated just inside the front gate. The construction of the board was partly funded by a grant from the Bendigo Bank. The front side of the board features a location map, detailing the section numbers, which have now all been clearly marked throughout the cemetery, and the grave numbers in each section.
On the other side of the board, listed in alphabetical order, are the names of all persons interred in the cemetery, the year of their death, section and grave number. This should make the location of every grave in the cemetery easy to find. Should you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
The information on the board is updated regularly as is the information on this website.